Machine Control Service
The Experts in Machine Control
Machine Control Service
Sunbelt Rentals Survey provides a complete machine control service, from initial consultation through to installation, training, and technical support. Our machine control product range includes 2D and 3D systems from industry-leading suppliers including Leica and Topcon, and we provide a host of compatible Total Stations, GNSS and Lasers.
What is Machine Control?
Machine Control involves the integration of positioning tools into earthworks machinery. Various sensors are installed on the machine and work with an instrument to provide real time data that is fed back to the Machine Control display. The Machine Control System accurately determines a blade or bucket’s current position and then compares that position with the desired design surface. This data is displayed inside the machine cab, allowing the operator to efficiently achieve the intended design on the ground.
Machine control is an essential part of most earthworks projects and is widely adopted due to the various benefits, including an increase in efficiency, improvement in health and safety, resource and material usage reduction and higher productivity.
Machine Control Benefits
- Productivity increased; being on time, on budget and within specification.
- Higher accuracy and conformance to design, so no over or under-filling of excavations
- Reduced fuel consumption, emissions, operating costs and wear and tear on plant equipment due to faster earthworks
- Higher operator retention as Machine Control is easy to use and learn.
Health and Safety
- Health & Safety, decreasing requirements for person machine interface to reduce risk.
- Increased site safety as Machine Control reduces the number of people in work zones.
- Visual aids reduce operator fatigue, fewer stops to verify levels/slopes.
- No Site Marking Out, No Site Pegs or rails required even for complex designs.
- Use Avoidance Zones to identify known hazards to operators.
- Green Construction; Meeting requirements by Government bodies and main contractors.
- No over digging, less materials used to compensate.
We consult with you to ensure we provide the best machine control system for your needs, and provide remote support, a dedicated support helpline and emails should you need assistance with data import or base station setup.
We can arrange industry-leading service level agreements across our full machine control range for training and technical support, and we can also provide asset tracking and telematics.
To support you, we have:
- 7 Fully Authorised Leica Service Centres (more than anyone else in the UK)
- 2 Fully Authorised Topcon Service Centres
- 12 Regional Specialist Survey Locations, for local service on a National Scale.
- The largest and most comprehensive Survey Hire Fleet
- Thorough training programs including operator training, engineer workflow training including self-support and fault-finding courses.
We provide you with a complete machine control solution from initial consultation through to installation, training and technical support. Sunbelt Rentals Survey has the most up-to-date Hire Fleet of Machine Control equipment. Our range includes Leica, TopCon and Trimble machine control solutions that you can hire or buy.
On Site & Simulation Based Training
We provide comprehensive user training either on-site or at our in-house training facilities at Coalville and Livingston, with the use of our two simulators. These machine control simulators feature supplier-approved training with Leica or Topcon equipment for GPS Dozers, Excavators and Graders.
Simulator-based training is about providing allow for a safe, controlled environment for operators to learn in, and about providing solid educational tools and reports to ensure the best possible results.
Our 1-day Machine Control Course delivers 8 hours of theory instruction with simulator-based learning, and includes the following:
- An introduction to Machine Control
- Basics of GPS and set-up
- GPS Base Station set-up
- System component walkthrough and their functions
- How to specify the best system for your project
- Pre-start checks
- Initial set up of job on machine
- Uploading and selecting models
- Working with guidelines, polylines and triangles
- Site set-up and localisation
- Basic diagnostic and fault finding
Our training programs also include engineer workflow training including self-support, fault finding courses. Training for Total Stations, GPS and Lasers is also available from Sunbelt Rentals Survey.