We believe that we must make a difference – we must do what is right for our people, our customers, our communities and our planet.
We have been corporately socially responsible for many years now, with huge amounts of good works going on across our business. As a world class company we want to play our part in changing the world for the better .
This means that we must be focused and channel our energy into what makes a real difference, delivering real, tangible social value and making a real social impact. We WILL make this happen.
Our Sustainability 2025 strategy
Our Sustainability 2025 Strategy commits us to:
- Creating career opportunities for local people to work for us, achieve their potential and live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Supporting you in being able to make responsible choices in the equipment they use
- Contributing to the development of inclusive and well-functioning communities around our depots and your projects
- Leave our planet in the best possible shape for future generations.
In the spirit of collaboration and partnership we commit to work with you, our suppliers and our peers to achieve the greater good. We will do this by working:
- Nationally, with partners, central and regional government to help legislate for better behaviours
- Regionally, coming together with yourselves and suppliers to make a difference across communities
- Locally, to support grass roots initiatives and individuals – one step at a time.
The power of us all working together is mind-blowing. We will make it happen.
Social Impact Team
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is evident throughout our entire business. Our ESG Committee meets on a quarterly basis and is responsible for strategic direction. The Committee is chaired by Douglas McLuckie, MD of ESG, Ashtead Group plc; Andy Wright, Sunbelt Rentals CEO and Executive Directors and Senior Management representing all key areas of the Sunbelt Rentals UK business.
On a day to day basis, our Head of Social Impact and Social Impact Manager work with our customers, partners, Regional Directors, Key Account Managers and over 30 volunteer Social Impact Ambassadors across the business to create, drive and capture social value activity.
Reporting on Social Value
In order to deliver the best possible social value our dedicated, in-house Social Impact team is now working in line with Government recommended best practice using the National TOMs Framework.
We will report on the social impact that we create in an auditable and transparent report every quarter. Our first quarter’s results for FY21 will be published here in August 2020.
Supply Chain Sustainability School
Our partnership with the Supply Chain Sustainability School helps us work collaboratively the best minds and specialists in our industry. We are active members of the Plant Group, developing industry-led best practice initiatives with our peers and look forward to contribute to more initiatives this year.